Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Waited . . . .

Ok, so this isn't the blog post for my 30 day challenge, I am still stuck on that one.  This is a blog post to embarrass myself.  I used to write a lot of poetry, most of it was depressing because I was dealing with some stuff, and that was my outlet.  Then when I was 20, I thought hey, I can write songs, so I wrote two: "The Harmony of Silence" and "I Waited."  Today I share with you the latter, which would be much better if I wasn't using the crappy webcam built into my laptop, and if I actually played something and the song had some accompaniment.  But we make do with what we have.  I recorded just the refrain and first verse, my throat is bothering me a little today, and besides, like I said, this is embarrassing.  So if you want to listen first press play, I am posting all the lyrics below . . . .

Just a heads up it's out of sync.

"I Waited" August 28, 2001

Refrain:
I waited and you're gone,
And I'm here all alone.
I want you in my life
I need you by my side, 
And I keep on wonderin' why I waited so long
Waited too long
I keep on wonderin' why I waited so long

I should have told you the moment I knew
My heart could not be without you
But my fear held me back
And I was scared you would laugh

Refrain

I kept my feelings deep inside
And tried to live my life
But ev'ry day I hoped you would come my way
I wanted to tell you just how I felt

Refrain

Now you hold her in your arms
and I'm here all alone
I am tryin' so hard to move on
But my heart won't let you go

Refrain

I hope one day you might see
Just how much you mean to me
But for now I'll have to wait
And try to live my life

No comments:

Post a Comment