Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 6 - Nanananananananana Batman!

Day 06- Favorite super hero and why


First of all, I have to crack up at the way Google spell-checker wanted to auto-correct Nanananananananana (Antananarivo, Nananne, Tananarive, and Satyanarayanan - I don't know what any of those words mean), craziness!


Anyway, on to todays challenge.  Admittedly, I know very little of Superheroes, if I did know stuff I might choose someone different.  But I am going with Batman, because I watched the 1989 version of Batman, with Michael Keaton, at least everyday for the better part of a year, when I was like maybe 10.  


Why do I like Batman?  Because Batman is just a regular dude, he doesn't really have "super" powers, he has awesome toys, but he is still really really kick ass (and usually played by hot actors, Val Kilmer, oh yeah).  He wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider or have his home planet blown up.  He's just a guy who experienced injustice first hand and wanted to counteract it. So I love Batman because he is a regular guy who is noble, and loves justice.  Seriously qualities I can get behind.  Plus you know, he could totally take you out for a night on the town in one of the vest cars ever, who doesn't want to joyride in the Batmobile? 


Side note about Superman though, Clark Kent, yum!  I was out one night with a friend, we were at Poison Girl, a hole in the wall hipster bar in the Montrose, and this tall guy with dark brown hair in pseudo-spikes (Edward Cullenish, messy but intentional) walked in wearing square-frame glasses, a white scarf, and a pea-coat with the collar popped, and the only words out of my mouth, to my friend of course, were "I just died and went to nerd heaven."  The guy totally had a Clark Kent vibe to him, and if I was the type to ever follow through with some of my more daring thoughts and ideas, I might have gone up to him and said something like, "do you wanna be my superman." (Yeah I know, I have the market cornered on coming up with cheesy pick-up lines, and falling for them as well, but maybe, that is another blog post for another day, or maybe if the world gets lucky, later today.)


Back to your regularly scheduled blog post, you know, Batman!  The first time I staffed Awakening I was a small group leader.  We had to come up with a name for our group, that somehow related to the theme, We Are Called.  The guy I was pared up with to lead the group for the weekend, I have know through my parish for a really long time, we more or less grew up at church together.  Anyway, going over possible names, we had both thought Batman when we thought of a name immediately, so there we were.  This is why I chose Batman more for those BYA9 memories than anything else.  We did old school Batman though, like the Adam West version.  So our group theme was sort of "Holy Rosary, Batman!"  Hahaha awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment