Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 5- Roman Holiday

Day 05- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to




First off, let me just say that dangling preposition up there, driving me crazy, but I merely cut and pasted that, I didn't write it.  Anyway, I titled this Roman Holiday, like the movie, but it was really an Italian holiday.  In June 2002, the Catholic Studies Program at UST started it's Study Abroad program, 4 weeks in Italy, I couldn't resist. Especially since I have never really traveled out of the country, Canada doesn't really count, especially since it was only Niagara Falls, it was barely going out of the country.  So I spent the entire month of June in Italy, 4 days in Assisi, 4 days in Florence, and 3 weeks in Rome, sigh Roma Amor.


Now, unfortunately, I don't have a scanner, and I have very few pictures of this trip scanned, so I fif what any other nerdy girl would do, and I took pictures of my pictures, that's why they suck, but hey, it's better than nothing.  So with out much more further ado, I give you not just one, but several pictures of places I've been.



This is me and a fountain in Assisi.  Weird thing is this is the thinnest I have ever been, and I totally thought I was fat cause I was not a size 2.


This picture doesn't show it well, but this is the Valley below Assisi.


Rubbing St Peter's foot for a blessing.  And yes, my hair was that ridiculous color, so glad that's gone.

Pretty sure that is Santa Chiarra (St Clare's)

This is me and Carlo, he was the first real Italian I met.

This is at St Francis' Hermitage.

In Pisa!

'
This is me with one of the bells at the top of the Leaning Tour of Pisa.

In Pompeii.

On the balcony of the Papal Palace, that is of course St Peter's in the background.  Look at those crazy pants, they were my favorites. :)

JP2 we love your, this one the second time we saw him, and no I was not really that close, that is with a 300mm zoom lens.

St Peter's

This is the courtyard at San Damiano in Assisi, this is where St Clare lived.

Swiss Guard

This is the Porta Santa Anna, St Anne's Gate, the main entrance into the Vatican City.

So there you have it, a smattering of bad pictures of pictures from Italy.  It was an awesome trip. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm studying in Rome right now, and went on a pilgrimage to Assisi and Siena beforehand. Santa Chiara is one of the most beautiful and moving churches I've ever seen. I hope you got to see the Porziuncola in Santa Maria degli Angeli (Lower Assisi). So wonderful. I have to say that I love the fact that you've got a picture of the Gate of St. Anne with one of Swiss Guards stationed there. :)

    ReplyDelete