Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween every one!

I missed out on the Halloween fun this weekend because I have been sick most of the week. Total bummerface. I feel a little better today, but since the party was last night, that matters little.  Glad I was planning to recycle a costume this year, otherwise I'd be upset I spent money on something I couldn't use.

I was going to dress up as Hermione Granger, I wore that costume in 2007, and the ex was dressed as Ron Weasley.  The more I read the Harry Potter books the more I feel like I am Hermione.  She's very awkward and opinionated and not a lot of people outside her really close friends like her.  I know how that goes, plus, I can very easily make my hair bushy so he is an easy costume for me to pull off.

So since I just decided on the fly to write a post today - mostly because I was super excited to find my 5th follower! Thanks Amy, you rock!  Seriously I'd post a lot more if I knew more people were reading this, not that I don't value my few followers, I just like greater benefits for my efforts.

Anyway, I decided that I would chronicle some of the Halloween Costumes I remember having through the years.  So here you have it, in not so chronological order:

  • I was a ballerina for too many years to count.
  • In second grade I dressed up as Barbie (I happened to have a pixie haircut at that time which made that costume SUPER obvious, NOT).
  • One year I dressed up as a book - I made a book costume out of a cardboard box, how's that for the most uncomfortable costume ever.
  • I dressed up as a Renaissance Fairy Princess one year.
  •  Year before last I was a little girl playing dress-up/
  • And, last year I was the prom queen - it was supposed to be a zombie prom queen, but I got lazy and did not do the make-up.
I might edit this later and add pictures, if I can find some.

3 comments:

  1. :) Happy Halloween! You're sick and I'm nursing a 3 legged dog and writing papers. Trade ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No thanks, I am working on my CV, only, I have NOTHING to put on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually found pictures of some of my old halloween costumes, including witch, Raggedy Ann and a ballerina...but I have no scanner to post them. *sadface*

    It's a shame you were sick! But yes, at least you didn't spend 50$ on a costume you couldn't use!!

    ReplyDelete