Friday, October 29, 2010

I need some inspiration, please!

I am all out of inspiration.  I need a muse, stat.  I have been trying to write a post for like a week now, and I just can't seem to find the words. Or rather figure out how it is I want to convey it.

That's why I haven't been posting a lot lately. Ideally I want to post at least every other day, if not daily, and have the post be of some substance, not like yesterday's.  But I have been so distracted by not being able to write the other post, I have been unmotivated to wrote anything.

I thought I was reluctant to write it because I needed to do my Annulment questionnaire, but I finished that Sunday.  I could blame the fact that now that the annulment paperwork is mailed, I need to work on my CV and letter of intent, but I am not really motivated for that either. You can add to all this I have felt like crap.

But really, it may be a combination of these things, or it could be that I am pretty sure Persch is just the German word for lazy-ass procrastinator.  Procrastination is a plague on pretty much the entire family. Even my mom, and she is not a real Persch, at least not by blood.  I never can seem to do anything until the last minute.  Like the  annulment stuff, I had 60 days to do it.  I put it in the mail 3 days before it was due.

I don't know why I am so unmotivated. Like the stuff for grad school, most of me wants to go to grad school.  I am excited about it. I have been thinking about it for seven and a half years. I put it aside and decided that wasn't wear I was being led, only to be drawn back to it, time and again.  And, finally, everything seems to be falling into place so that I can actually go (assuming I get in). The only part of me that doesn't want to go is that part that hates everything new and unfamiliar, the part that hates change and wants to keep everything the same, even if I hate the situation and I am absolutely miserable.

But, by the end of next week, I want to have my CV done, and get prepared to meet with professors regarding my recommendations, and getting my letter of intent written.  I have until December 1st before the application fee goes up.

I can do this, but I need a little motivation.

Wow, this post kind of segues a lot, or I just like tangents.  Maybe a little of both. :)

3 comments:

  1. The biggest way to stay motivated is to just start moving towards what you want achieved...if you can even get yourself to take the littlest step towards that task then you can build off of the momentum.

    If you sit and wait for inspiration to strike then you will never get anything done.

    Hmmm...thinking right now I should be listening to my own advice! ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, now I am following you, what are you gonna do for me? Huh?. JK :P

    Just live by my motto, "Procrastinate til you die." Hey, you won't accomplish anything, but at least you won't work yourself to death either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks.
    Johann Gottfried Von Herder


    Just one of many of my favorite Quotes...

    ReplyDelete