Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 20 - Marry You?

Day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future


This one is so simple and so complex at the same time.  I know who I don't want to marry.  But I can only describe who I want to marry generally.


I was talking with a friend one night about what I want in my next relationship and jokingly I said "I won't settle for anything less than pure and utter devotion."  A guy standing near by piped up with "Wow, that's hard to come by."  But why should I settle for less?  I deserve to be loved truly, madly, deeply (to quote Savage Garden).  That's how I intend to love my future spouse.


I will say this, I want butterflies.  I want to see him and light up, heart racing, sweaty palms, the works.  I can think of only 2 people that currently inspire that feeling in me.  I have no idea how they feel in return, but I am not worried about that right now.


The person I marry needs to have beliefs that are fundamentally similar to mine, he has to have a sense of humor and be able to handle sarcasm, he needs to be romantic and cater to my whims, but he also needs to realize when I am throwing stuff out there to be told no, I don't want a doormat, but I do want frivolity.  Above all he needs to love God and himself. :)


Ultimately if you make me feel like this you win:



or this:


No comments:

Post a Comment