Thursday, November 4, 2010

I am such a fanatic . . .

That being said, 15 days!

So last night, I was at the mall (gross) looking for sparkly, dressy Christmas clothes (worse).  As I was going through the mall, finding nothing, and dying a little because it smelled like chocolate chip cookies and I was hungry, I passed Hot Topic, and on the window was a HUGE ad for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I, and I stopped walking, and stopped breathing at the sight of it, for a moment, then I was like "Hey Susan, Breathe." Not to mention, the theme started playing in my head.

I came late to the Harry Potter Party, but I jumped in head first with both feet.  I only watched the movies at first, through the Goblet of Fire.  But when I was teaching summer school one summer, I picked up Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and my love affair with the books began.  I've read them all multiple times and while I love the movies, and own them all, they hardly compare to the books.  I am currently re-reading them, hoping to finish before the movie comes out.  I am in the middle of Order of the Phoenix, not sure I am going to make it. Anyway, I like the books better because they flow better than the movies, and make more sense.  The movies leave too much out and do stuff out of order. It makes me sad, plus the original Dumbledore in the movies was the shit, I know he died, but the current Dumbledore is not the spitting image of what pops into my head when reading the books, it's the first one.  Alan Rickman as Snape, is right on the money though.

I am so ready for November 19th, I have a date with 7 Potters!

2 comments:

  1. I have read those books SO MANY TIMES...there is so much political stuff going on that you never get just from watching the movies for sure.

    And I'm considering not watching the new movie until part 2 comes out however long that it...not sure I can stand seeing a party 1 and be left hanging for a couple of years...

    Then again, not sure I can hold off watching part 1 that long either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the movie either!

    I've read the books so many times that I've lost count already. My favorite book and movie are the same though-I love Goblet of Fire.

    I've been trying not to watch any trailers or anything, so that I can be surprised. (: But I really can't wait for it! It's so close!!

    ReplyDelete