Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wistful . . .

Was thinking about not going home tonight, and driving until I reached somewhere with no light pollution and no trees so I could look up and admire the stars.  But then I would have to drive back home.  I wonder sometimes, if it is really best for me to be like I am so open and caring.  I remember after some failed relationship or other such thing in my life, talking to Fr. Drew about how heart broken I was, and he said I needed to expect that with all the love in my heart.  I give of myself too easily, and I am starting to question if that is actually good for me, but I can't imagine being jaded and cynical would be any better.  Especially since I hate myself when I feel that way.  I should probably go to bed, I am sure none of this will matter in the morning.  But I needed to say something . . .


ETA: Yeah so I was one, tired, and two a little tipsy when I wrote this.  It's like Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment