Friday, November 22, 2013

A Month of Thanks: Day 22

Today I am thankful that each ending is a beginning of something new. I think today will always be a little bit of a sad, dark day for me. Because five years ago today, a boy (and yes I feel the term boy is appropriate, if you know us, you probably do too) and I stood up in front of all our family and friends, and he made promises to me he never intended too keep. And while, I am actually grateful now that our relationship did not work out, every once in a while the betrayal still hurts.

But had this not happened, I would not be pursuing my dream of higher education. I would be doing who knows what and probably not very happy. So while it still stings a bit, I am very thankful that "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

No comments:

Post a Comment