Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Month of Thanks: Day 16

I am thankful for the gift of courage. I had to have an awkward conversation about an awkward situation yesterday, and I was dreading it. So much so that I made myself physically ill, yes I know that is bad, but often my emotions manifest themselves in my stomach. But now it is done and I feel better for having said something. It may not do any good, but at least I did my part, and if it happens again I hope I have the courage to say something again. 

I usually, unless I am really close and comfortable, carry things inside and try to avoid dealing with them. But I am thankful this time I had the courage to say something. 

Virtues are just good habits, and we develop habits by practice, so I am on my way to becoming a courageous person, one act at a time.

And thanks to the people that supported me in needing to say something.

No comments:

Post a Comment