Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Month of Thanks: Day 17

I am thankful for the times of brokenness in my life that have lead me closer to God and driven me deeper into his arms. Sometimes joy comes through tears and laughter through sorrow. In The Four Loves C. S. Lewis makes the claim that sometimes God must break our hearts, and in Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Brian tells Helen that sometimes we try to hold onto the very things that God Himself is trying to tear apart. I believe both of these are true. God wants us to be happy, I firmly believe this and place all my hope in it, this is why sometimes He has to tear us away from those things which distract us from our true happiness. The happiness that is found in God alone. So I am thankful for the times that God has broken my heart and comforted me with the grace of tears.

Kind of like "This." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment