Thursday, February 7, 2013

Musings from an Airplane

So the Three and a half hour leg of my flight from Baltimore to Houston gave me too much time by myself to think without distractions. In a normal state of mind/being that would be too much for me, as upset I am it was pure torture. Here's a couple little thoughts from that . . . .

Looking out at all the stars makes me feels so small and insignificant, but I know that my lord counts me among his creation and I am tearfully wonderfully made. It is no mistake that I am here this sorrow this suffering this pain it must serve some purpose. Even through the turmoil of a shattered heart I cling to you the one who fashioned me from the dust and breathed life into my being. How blessed am I that you hold me in your care, and that even if the world abandons me and lets me down, I know you are lifting me up and holding me in your heart. Help me to have no desires but to seek your face, and heal my brokenness and make me whole. For you are love, you are truth, you are my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment