Saturday, June 22, 2013

Over Thinking About Overthinking

So last night I watched "Love and Other Disasters." It is kind of a redo of "Breakfast at Tiffany's." But in this movie one character, Peter, over thinks the possible relationship with this guy he runs into in a hotel lobby. To the point he sees no point in having an actual relationship because he's lived it in his head, and so when he actually meets this guy, their encounter totally sucks.

I am not an over thinker to that extent, but I do tend to over think just about everything and worry too much about what people's actions and words mean. It gets problematic, and I get obsessive about it. The problem is compounded by my not reading people very well.

So at the advise of a good friends of mine, this is the end of my thinking about a current situation until something can possibly be done.

It's the first step in curbing this over thinking problem I have. Sure hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment