Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 1

I see a lot of people updating Facebook statuses, starting today posting for what they are thankful. In the interest of procrastinating (how's that for honesty), I am going to write a blog post with something I want to give thanks for each day.

So, without further ado, Day 1:

I am thankful for being born in this time, place, and culture. Being born a female in 1980's America has offered me opportunities that would not otherwise be available to me. Prior to this time I would not be sitting her in a graduate theology library while I procrastinate on doing my homework. With all of its imperfections and pitfalls as a woman, this really is the best time and culture in which to be living. Other times I would not be allowed to pursue higher education, and at my age I'd be an old spinster.

No comments:

Post a Comment