Thursday, December 2, 2010

Can a lie ever show Virtue?

When I was little, probably, 4 or 5, my mom put me into a swim lessons class.  I was in the advanced swimmers class because I was practically born in the pool and learned to swim very young.  Anyway, in this advanced class, the teacher wanted us to swim the length of the pool, this pool went from 3' 6" to 12'.  I was able to do this, no problem, but another little girl in the class was afraid of the water.  She was the only one in the class who was.  I felt really bad for her, so in all of my 4 or 5 year old wisdom, I told the teacher that I was scared of the water too.  This meant she was not the only one not doing what we were asked to do.  But the teacher ratted me out.  He told my mother that she had me in the wrong class, that I needed to be in the beginners class because I was scared of the water.  My mom laughed at him, and said, "No, that one is my daughter," and pointed me out. He told her that was who he was speaking of.  Needless too say, I got in trouble for lying in my swim class.

Note: I was told I should write more to get myself back into practice. So I might actually blog a bit more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment