Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Feel the Burn . . .

I am feeling the burn right now, and it's name is burnout! It has happened towards the end of just about every semester of school I've experienced. Academically this semester was much much easier than last semester. I had less reading over all, less writing, and feel slightly more confident in expressing my voice rather than presenting the voices of others, but personally this semester has been really hard. I feel isolated, and part of that is me, and part of that is nursing a broken heart. Even though in some respects, my semester has been easier, I am still feeling burnt out at this point. I don't have much more to do, a five page paper for Tuesday, a 1200ish word essay for the following week, and my finals: a ten page paper on ethics in John, an oral exam, a take-home final, and the whopper, a 30 page paper). Having 4-5 weeks for all this it seems like a walk in the park. The problem is I have no motivation. Like tonight, I should work on that five pager, but I was just so worn out, I had to just take the night off and watch TV. I don't really feel bad about it though. Sometimes you just have to know when to say no, I need this time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment