Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Two Years

I was thinking this morning, what a difference 2 years makes.  If anyone had told me 2 years ago, that my life would be anything like it is right now, I would have thought they were smoking crack.  


2 years ago I was teaching and having a rough time with that.  I was married to a man who really cared nothing about me and wanted to spend no time with me, and all and all I was relatively miserable even though I tried to convince myself I was happy.  I thought for sure if I tried to be optimistic enough it would all work out and I would actually be happy.


3 weeks will be 2 years from leaving my teaching job, which lifted a lot of stress from me, and in a month is 2 years from when J left.  And I can honestly say I am the happiest I have ever been in my life, and have been for about the past 4 months.  Not to say that life is perfect, but it's pretty good.  I am living on my own and supporting myself for the first time ever, I have a tentative plan for my life (I need to start working on the grad school stuff again so I'll be ready to apply), and I finally feel like I am on the right track.  

No comments:

Post a Comment