Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Small Things . . .

Most every morning, depending on fog, cloud cover, and me remembering to look, I am fortunate enough, that right after I get on the loop to see the sunrise, not just the sunrise, but the sunrise as the backdrop to the Houston skyline. It's really something. The other day it was the prettiest mix of red, pink, orange, and yellow. It's only a small thing, but its like my daily reminder from God, like, "Hey Susan, I'm here. This is only the start of what I can do." I've had a bad week no lie, and several days I just felt like giving up on everything, and I started to think, and I remembered the song "I Sing" by Kelly Pease. There is a line in the song where she says "I say my heart is broken Lord, you say, put down your mourning for I am leading you in joy, I hate what's new, I miss what's old, you say look and see you would not believe what I am doing were it told to you." These sunrises are a reminder of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment