Saturday, September 15, 2007

I was thinking . . . I know, scarry.

Friday night after a very long hard day and week, I went to the Matt Maher, Kelly Pease, Joshua Blakesley concert. It's funny how certain people affect you. Just seeing Fr. Drew made me feel like 50 pounds had been lifted from me, and when the concert started, I emptied myself to allow God to fill me, and He did. A sense of peace I cannot explain overcame me. And the concert was from adore ministries, and I started thinking about Adoration as Paul George read paragraphs 2096 and 2097 from the CCC. I thought how odd we Catholics must look in Adoration to those who aren't Catholic. Seriously, from the way it looks from the outside, we bow down and adore bread, not only that, we stick it in this big gold sun thing. But then I thought, what an awesome witness to what the bread is, especially in the case of one of the Steubenville Conferences, when the charismatic gifts are flowing like you couldn't believe. Then they brought Jesus out, and man that was awesome. As soon as I saw the priest, I think it was Fr. Crooker, with the monstrance, that peace I felt before increased like a million times. I felt like I could get through everything I had to do this week, and the worry and anxiety I felt truly was lifted from me. In short, Our God is an Awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment