Sunday, July 15, 2012

Various Things . . .

Been a rough week and a worse weekend.  Nothing like getting dumped on the phone minutes before attending Mass.

I am pursuing my dream, but why does following my desires mean I have to give up so much?  I have to give up my 2 kitties I love so much, especially Augie, it breaks my heart and now this.  I also have to give up most of my stuff, seeing my friends (which lately I admittedly have been not so great at doing anyway), and Peter.  Things really started unraveling at the beginning of April when I decided to leave.

I am sure the hand of God is guiding me in this, but it doesn't make it any easier.  Although I am no stranger to having everything in my life change at once, it happened before and I survived it, and I can get through it again. I just wish I didn't have to.  The same song lyrics are running through my mind that always do when things like this happen: "I say my heart is broken Lord, You say, put down your mourning for I am leading you in joy; I hate what's new, I miss what's old, You say, look and see you would not believe what I was doing were it told to you!" (I Sing by Kelly Pease)

~~~~~~

And onto another thought . . . .

The 5 love languages by Gary Chapman

OK, so I haven't read the whole book, but I do know my 2 primary love languages and based on the part of the book I have read, I can say, he has it right.  If you aren't experiencing love in your language, you aren't really experiencing love.  My love languages are receiving gifts and quality time; it doesn't matter how may words of affirmation, acts of service, or physical touching I get, without those two things I feel unloved.  Which isn't to say that I don't value those other 3, there are times that is important.  It's like being fluent in one language and understanding bits of others, while you may know a word here and there, that language doesn't communicate to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment